COVID-19 STATEMENT AND POLICY
In the recent months, we have all faced unprecedented challenges as a result of COVID-19. The well-being of our guests and crew has always been of utmost importance to us and this has never been truer than it is now.
We are committed to operating to the highest levels of health and safety vigilance, providing you with the safest, most comfortable experience whilst enjoying a high standard of service on this magnificent yacht.
We have devised a health and safety program in accordance with the HM Government, Public Health England and specialist advice from UK Hospitality – our support partner. Due to the constantly changing nature of this guidance, our internal operating practices and procedures will be continuously reviewed and updated as necessary.
We look forward to welcoming you onboard Windweaver.
Jim Dobie, Skipper
• The health and safety of our team has been of the utmost importance during these times. All team members will undergo mandatory health and safety training, including enhanced cleaning protocols and personal hygiene training, ensuring a safe working environment.
• All crew members will, upon returning to work, be required to have their temperature checked on a daily basis and must stay at home and follow official guidance on self-isolating should they feel unwell.
• All crew members will be required to sanitise their hands at regular intervals.
• All crew members will be required to wear PPE as appropriate.
• All crew will follow a policy of no physical contact and maintain social distancing, wherever possible.
• All guests will be sent a pre-check-in form prior to arrival and are required to fill this in and return to the office before their check-in date.
• We will kindly ask you to take your temperature on arriving at the Boat. Should you show signs of a high temperature, we will have to ask you to leave for the health and safety of our crew and all other guests.
• Should you become unwell during a day trip and are showing symptoms of COVID-19, we will provide you with a quarantine facility (guest cabin). Should you become unwell during a 1-2 week charter the Boat will have to follow safety procedures and isolate the unwell guest and then dock at the nearest port where a COVID-19 test can be carried out.
• Cash will not be accepted, payments for charter must be made prior to arrival by bank transfer or credit card. Cash for crew tips will only be accepted in a sealed envelope.
• Due to government guidelines we can only accommodate the following groups for day trips:
up to 6 guests from different households;
12 people all from the same household or;
12 people from a maximum of 2 households
For longer charters we can only accommodate up to 6 guests. These guests can all be from a maximum of 3 different households i.e. one pair from different 3 households.
• Masks, hand sanitiser, and access to water and soap will constantly be available to all guests onboard at all times.
• Your bedroom will be cleaned with extra care and sanitised using a virucidal/bactericidal disinfectant fogger.
• Whilst serving you, and preparing your drinks and meals, the crew will wear masks and gloves to ensure safety measures are followed. However, as the crew move about the boat above deck they will not be wearing masks due to the nature of their work.
• The Skipper will be responsible for all aspects of our COVID-19 safety plan whilst onboard. You can contact us on email@example.com at any time prior to your charter should you have concerns related to this or any other matter.
We have also updated our reservation and cancellation policy to provide you with more flexibility and peace of mind when booking your trip with Windweaver.
For reservations from 1st August to 31st December 2020:
• At the time of booking, a non-refundable 50% deposit will be payable.
• However, if you need to cancel due to COVID-19 (documentation will need to be provided) and have given 72 hours or more notice prior to your arrival date, your deposit will either be refunded or we can transfer your booking to another suitable date.
• If you need to cancel or amend your booking within 72 hours of arrival due to COVID-19, we can transfer your booking to another suitable date.
• For reservations made via third parties, including online travel agents, travel professionals or as part of a group booking, please contact your booking provider or meeting planner for additional information on their policies.